As a result of our efforts, students will graduate as self-reliant
and productive citizens, prepared to pursue their careers of choice through further education or training.
The Board of Education, on behalf of students, staff, parents, and the community, holds itself accountable to the citizens of the District by ensuring that all action it takes is consistent with the Mission of the District.
DISTRICT BELIEF STATEMENTS
In the fulfillment of this charge, the Board is committed to rigorous, continual improvement of its capacity to govern effectively through policy by defining its concerns in terms of values, and its vision in terms of ends. Toward this end, the Board and district will be guided by the following beliefs:
• Physical, mental, and emotional well-being increases the ability to learn.
• People thrive in a respectful and caring environment with clear expectations and consistent consequences.
• Everyone has unique gifts and learning styles that, when developed, help them reach their full potential.
• Fostering a child’s innate curiosity is critical to learning.
• Learning also takes place outside the classroom.
• Broad experiences prepare and stimulate people to lead enriched lives.
• Individual actions and attitudes set an example for others.
• Our district’s effectiveness depends upon the passion, commitment, knowledge, skills, and integrity of our staff.
• Responsible leadership requires future vision, current understanding, and past perspective.
• Responsible decision-making requires a focus on priorities, especially in times of disagreement.
• Success requires innovation and wisdom.
• Quality public education requires an active alliance among students, parents, schools, and communities.
• Our communities and schools rely upon each other for their mutual success.